ORIGINAL REPRESENTATIONAL PASTEL, WATERCOLOR and ACRYLIC PAINTINGS.



Monday, March 29, 2010

"Welcoming Pine" - Watercolor demonstration

I finished painting the pine boughs, and placing the final details of branches and grass using a small brush, with dark colors mixed from same hues used in the rest of the painting.
Working on the positive and negative shapes, I added trees
to the background, foreground grass and indicated tree shapes
to the left of the trunk. The main tree trunk was painted with burnt sienna with ultramine blue dropped in to create a glow to the tree.
I continued painting the middle values of the tree tops, by
wetting the area and dropping alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, b. sienna, yellow ocher and cadmium yellow, allowing them to mix on the paper.
Posted by PicasaWorking on Arches 140# watercolor paper, I wet the sky area and used cerulean blue and ultramarine blue, avoiding areas I wanted to be white. I wet the background tree line with water and used violets, blues and greens to make soft and hard edges. Burnt sienna and yellow ocher was used to paint the space around the trunk keeping my center of interest crisp and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment